There is no denying how daunting the world of publishing can be, especially if you have not had a story published before and you are submitting a manuscript for the very first time. At Foreshore Publishing, we only work with new and emerging authors. This means we are regularly faced with individuals who are unfamiliar with the submissions process. A lot of new and emerging authors do not know what information to include, how to format their manuscript and where exactly to submit their work. Luckily, we have made the process as easy as possible.
Our Short Fiction Manuscript Guidelines
Though short fiction stories vary hugely in regards to genre and target audience, it’s important that all submissions follow a similar style and that certain criteria are met. Your manuscript should meet our simple guidelines before you submit it, as this will give our editors a clear idea of what you have to offer as an aspiring author.
- You will need to send a synopsis of your work and the complete manuscript, which should be written using 12pt Times New Roman font. Everything should be in one file, not separate files for each chapter.
- Your manuscript should be between 10,000 and 40,000 words, which is typically between 50 and 200 pages. As we publish short fiction, works longer than this will not be considered.
- Please include the word count, genre and target audience for your submission.
- Include your name, contact details and any relevant author information about you that we should know.
- Please send your short fiction manuscript as a Microsoft Word document or a PDF file.
Once you have ensured your manuscript meets the above criteria, it’s ready to send to the Foreshore Publishing editorial team at email@example.com. If an editor considers your work to be a good fit for us, we will be in touch with a publishing offer.
Submitting Your Short Fiction Work
If you are interested in publishing a short fiction book, you have come to the right place. At Foreshore Publishing, we focus our attention on short fiction stories by new and emerging authors. Once you have read the submission guidelines and you know how to prepare your short fiction manuscript, submit your work to our editors. If the editor considers the work to be appropriate for Foreshore Publishing, we will put forward an offer of publication. To find out more, get in touch with the Foreshore Publishing team.